Church Hill Motors specialises in MOT Testing. MOT testing is required by law on any vehicle that is more than 3 years old. An MOT test is required to ensure that the car is roadworthy and safe to drive. Church Hill Motors is an approved testing centre for cars, motorbikes and larger vehicles. With an advance appointment, our MOT testers can perform an MOT while you wait in our comfortable waiting area.
Our friendly and professional staff will arrange your MOT around your personal schedule. Where possible we offer a collection and delivery service for our MOT and repairs service.
We offer discounted prices to OAP’s for MOT testing and car repairs.
In order to pass the MOT test and receive the certificate we will check the following on your vehicle:
- Brakes- During the MOT test we will undertake a safety check on the brakes and check the brake level fluid.
- Steering and suspension- MOT testing ensures that the steering and suspension is in good working order and that the oil level is correct.
- Tyres- During the MOT test the tyre tread, size and depth will be checked. We will also check the condition and safety of the tyres
- Registration plates- The MOT test will ensure that the registration plate is clear
- Lights- The MOT will check that all the lights are the right level of brightness and are aligned correctly
- Windscreen and windscreen wipers- The MOT will check that there are no cracks in the windscreen. Our mechanics will also test the windscreen wipers to ensure they leave no marks on the windscreen.
- Vehicle Identification Number- The MOT test will ensure that this is clearly visible
- Doors- All doors need to be opened from both the inside and outside
- Seatbelts- These will be checked to ensure they are all working and in good condition
- Seats- The front seats of a vehicle are checked for safety during MOT testing
- Horn- The horn will be checked to ensure that it works effectively
- Mirrors- All mirrors will be checked for visibilty
- Bodywork- The bodywork will be checked to ensure there is not excessive corossion or dangerous edges
- Fuel System- The MOT test will check that there are no fuel leaks and that the fuel cap is securely fastened
- Exhaust and exhaust emissions- MOT testing will check that the vehicle is within the specified guidelines for exhaust emissions and that the exhaust is secure, without serious leaks and does not produce excessive noise.
An MOT pass certificate will be issued once the vehicle satisfies the standards determined by VOSA (Vehicle and Operator Service).
If any repairs are needed to ensure your car passes the MOT test our highly skilled mechanics can make the necessary repairs. Contact us to book an appointment for your MOT test.